Settled in 1755, Charlotte, North Carolina is steeped in history. Many significant historical sites have been preserved in order to enlighten future generations about “the way it was”.
A variety of art museums also dot the area. Photography, modern art, traveling exhibits, and crafts are just some of the offerings.
- Afro-American Cultural Center
- Biltmore Estate
- Charlotte Museum of History
- Charlotte’s Historic Trolley Museum
- Historic Latta Plantation
- Historic Rosedale Plantation
- Levine Museum of the New South
- Light Factory Photographic Arts Center
- Mint Museums
- Reynolda House, Museum of American Art
- Schiele Museum of Natural History