Thinking of selling your home? Use this checklist to help you find a top real estate agent before you make a commitment.
- Does your company have nationwide name recognition for out of state buyers?
- Will you advertise my property?
- How will you advertise my property?
- Do you pay for the advertising or does your company?
- How many years have you been a Realtor® and in the Charlotte area?
- What is your standing within your company?
- What awards have you earned for marketing?
- What awards have you earned for your sales production?
- How many properties did you sell last year and the year before?
- What is the difference in your listing asking price vs. sale price?
- What makes you different from the other approximately 8,000 agents?
- What is your area of expertise?
- Does your company have an appointment center to handle showings?
- Will you provide a completed Seller’s net proceeds form at the time I list my property, and again when an offer is made?
- Other than selling properties and attending the State mandated classes, what are you currently doing to further your knowledge of the real estate business?
- What do you as a business person do to give back to the community?
- Do you work as a full-time agent, or a part-time agent?
Choosing a Realtor – (pdf) Ask These Questions Before Choosing a Realtor to List Your Home